Social media has become very important. It influences and permeates our everyday lives. The workforce is no exception. It helps the organization “listen in” to what the customers, peers and competitors are saying. Many organizations use one or more of the following types of social media; Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, among others. They use Skype for virtual meetings, and manage their work teams with WhatsApp groups. Many of us use and manage different email accounts; work and personal emails.
Many organisations would like to embrace social media as they sense that it represents a big breakthrough for business and communications, but they have no idea how to go about it.
So, Why should Organizations use Social Media?
- There are many other like-minded businesses and organizations utilising social media
- Understanding your target audience and their motivation to follow you
- Customer insights and feedback
- Effectively establish your brands personality and give your organization a human voice that people can relate to
- Social media helps increase trust for your organization
- Keeps customers engaged and your organization relevant
- Brand reputation – social media provides you with a fast and effective way to manage your reputation online which is a critical part of any marketing strategy
- Inexpensive marketing
- Promoting content – it increases awareness by the blogs, articles or news posts that you publish
- Increases website traffic – When there is engagement on social media, it drives Google to regard your website as being more authoritative, hence, your website will rank better in organic SEO